DLW - MDT reefers

MDelvec952

Photos are rare of the Lackawanna MDT reefers because there were only 20 of them, in non-consecutive numbers in the 12000-series.  I've never found a DL&W accounting giving all of the numbers.

From photographs I've identified the following, plus Ed's addition:

12068 – Bob’s photo
12070 – Old Lettering, later 1950s photo Black Rock Branch near Buffalo
12128 – Art Deco lettering, 1969 ebay grab
12154 – Art Deco lettering, Alvin Smith 1960 photo
12166 – Art Deco lettering, unmarked derailment photo, wrecked
12177 – Old lettering, unmarked photo
12178 – Old lettering, Joe Colias photo 1954
12183 – Old lettering, 11-11-1961 Dallas

Ed, do you recall which lettering style on the Bob's Photo print?

If anyone has any others, would appreciate the number, letteing style and date if possible.

Many thanks

Mike Del Vecchio

1a.
Re: DL&W - MDT refrigerator
From: Rich C
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 13:08:12 CDT
Good find, Tim. Definitely a DSI build. Stan Rydarowicz parts and Microscale 87-890 decals and there you go. I managed to find some of Stan's parts recently, already have the decals and an Intermountain donor body.

Rich Christie

1b.
Re: DL&W - MDT refrigerator
From: Ed Hawkins
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 15:08:07 CDT

On Apr 3, 2022, at 12:50 PM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

This just arrived today and I thought I'd re-share since photos of DL&W refrigerator cars seem to be fairly scarce. :-)

Tim,
Thanks Tim. Two additional photos of MDT reefers leased to Lackawanna include Bob’s Photo with a 3/4BL view of MDT 12068 & Joe Collias left-side view of MDT 12178 with new 12-53 stencils photographed in 1954.
Regards,
Ed Hawkins