Re: Bachmann Drop-End Gons

Tim O'Connor

https://shop.bachmanntrains.com/images/HO_Scale/74802.jpg

My first reaction was "50 foot 6 inch" ?? With drop ends ? That has to be pretty unusual!
BUT, it turns out that the B&O O-41 gondolas built in the early 1930's had drop ends, 12
ribs, and were 50'6" inside length.

AND a few were sold to the Wellsville, Addison & Galeton !!

The end doors may need to be swapped out to model the B&O/WAG cars.

Tim O'Connor

On 4/3/2022 3:44 PM, spsalso via groups.io wrote:
The PRR one doesn't match the G31A it claims to be.
The Santa Fe isn't turning up in Hendrickson's gondola book.
Can't be sure about the UP, but I do doubt it.
I am curious what it IS.  What's nice about it is that it's easy to remove the grabs.
Edward Sutorik

Sterling, Massachusetts