Re: Bachmann Drop-End Gons

On Sun, Apr 3, 2022 at 12:59 PM, Schleigh Mike wrote:

Hello Group!

The Bachman model has never been offered with the only prototypes it represents.  Try ERIE 14500, PM 18400 and WAG 3200 (all first in their series).  The trucks are not 70 ton but it is a good job if you can handle the cast on details and paucity of any inside.

Mike Schleigh at Grove City, Penna. where trout season has opened.

Hello Group,

The Bachman gon I believe was covered in an article by Ted. He did a set of correct decals for the Erie car and with some work the Bachman car can be made into a very nice model.
Something a little different to add into the fleet.

Most of the paint schemes offered by Bachman are foobies. When I bought one a long time ago, I don't even remember them offering any in the correct Erie scheme.

National Scale Car offers the decals now.

http://nationalscalecar.com/product/d158-erie-railroad-14500-series-50%e2%80%b2-gondola/

Dan Smith