Re: FORGOTTEN TREASURES

Tony Thompson

Ed Mines wrote:

I always wondered why Richard Hendrickson didn't like the magazine/Hundman.
Because Hundman wouldn’t publish Richard’s letter, responding to Hundman's glowing review of the just-introduced tank car kit by Bill Gould (later produced by Tichy and still available). Richard pointed out that this “USRA” tank car was never actually built, though it was a beautifully designed and executed kit. And not only was Richard’s letter rejected, but Hundman stated (I’ve seen the letter) that Mainine Modeler never made mistakes. This was, let us say, a position that Richard did not accept.

Tony Thompson
tony@...