Re: FORGOTTEN TREASURES

Tony Thompson

Curt Fortenberry wrote:

All drawings have an error somewhere, can't be helped. The drawings I produced, as were many of Bob's, were traces of the original source, and sometimes you just had to make an educated guess and fill in the blanks.
You all are misunderstanding the point. Yes, Hundman’s drawings are handsome, and yes, he produced a great lot of them, and yes, mistakes happen. My own problem with Mr. Hundman is that he would never admit a mistake or omission, nor allow any correction. A letter containing even a faint criticism of MM would not be published. As a result, a number of MM errors, doubtless unintentional and perfectly correctable, were kept quiet by this policy.

Tony Thompson
tony@...