Re: Questions about IMRC GN 12 panel box car and Trix UP B50-27 ACR Box car.

Tim O'Connor

Bill

Two views of B-50-27's - both views show spring planks in the trucks. The equipment
diagram for the entire class (OWR&N-OSL-UP) just says "Bettendorf spring plank" for the
trucks. Wood running boards were original equipment.

Tim O'Connor

On 4/7/2022 11:34 AM, Bill McCoy wrote:
I'm finishing my up grade on these two cars and need a little help with some details and colors.

The GN 12 panelĀ  car is Vermillion and the UP car is BCR. The IRM recently painted their GN PS-3 hopper in the vermillion scheme but painted the trucks BRC. Is this correct for GN boxcars? also, are the running boards galvanized or vermillinon roof color?
I've replaced the underframe on the Trix UP B50-27 with a Speedwitch UP welded underframe. The underframe kit included a wooden running board. Is this correct? The car is lettered OWR&N and has a reweigh showing G.R 3-54 and build date 5-40 at Albina. It has all yellow lettering lettering.

What are the correct trucks for both cars? My modeling dates are 1957-1967.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill McCoy
Jax, FL

Sterling, Massachusetts