Re: Sunshine CofG minikit

Matt Herson

To add the two pair of 1-1/2 door combinations are somewhat different.  The door latching levers are different with one set for the kit and the other specifically for the 40’ car.  Photos with the instructions make identification easy to see.

Matt Herson

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io [mailto:main@RealSTMFC.groups.io] On Behalf Of golden1014 via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022 2:40 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Sunshine CofG minikit

Hey Clark,

The Speedwitch 50-ft kit has two pair of doors.  In other words, four total 1-1/2 door combinations.  If you can find someone with a kit, maybe they’d be willing to give you one pair of the doors for your project.

I asked Ted 10 or so years ago why he included two pair of doors with the kit.  He told me he did it specifically so we would have another pair of doors to model the 40-foot cars.

John Golden