Re: Questions about IMRC GN 12 panel box car and Trix UP B50-27 ACR Box car.

Tony Thompson

Brian leppert wrote:

No. There is confusion in our hobby over the term "double truss". I don't know how able I am to describe this, but here goes.

It may have been Richard Hendrickson in his early articles on freight car trucks where he assumed if a T-section side frame truck with its single vertical walls formed a single truss, then the later U-section side frame trucks with their double vertical walls must be a "double truss" truck. This is incorrect.

I remember discussing this with Richard, So what IS the right answer, Brian? Or is it just a trade term for advertising only?

Tony Thompson
tony@...