Sent: Sunday, April 10, 2022 7:19 AM
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Hinckley & Schmitt water car

I think we are looking at an insulating layer if you enlarge the picture you can see lots of vertical lines that might be a wrapping of insulation. Insulating a water car that might freeze would seem logical as expanding ice could burst the tank. On the other hand whoever heard of a steam locomotive with a lagged tender tank?.

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022, 20:08 ron christensen via groups.io, <rxensen=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I found this picture in a group of unsorted pictures.
 I did not take the picture, probably bought it.
It was with a group of Iowa pictures. There wasn't anything written on the back.
HSTX 1008
Ron Christensen