Re: Off the rip track PRR X-29 and T&P 1937 boxcar

Paul Doggett

Charlie

They are looking really good.

Paul Doggett

On 11 Apr 2022, at 14:09, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Looking at my notes the first operating session on the Bagnell Branch was October 2005.  So after almost 17 years of operating sessions I’ve noticed knocked off brake wheels, missing hand grabs, even placard holders laying on the tracks.  I’ve decided to start slowly repairing these models with my accumulated box of parts over the years.

First is a IMWX Texas & Pacific 1937 boxcar Ed Hawkins sold many years ago. Ed marketed the as built scheme and at least one other later scheme as seen with this car.  The handgrabs were missing and a end ladder had been knocked off.   After replacing the parts I weathered the car a little more with colored pencils.

The Red Caboose PRR X-29 suffered from a missing brake staff and just looked too clean. I wanted a car that suffered from the bottom of the car sides being heavily rusted (hence the need for later side patches).

This car was weathered with various black, dark and light brown pencils and Vallejo washes of black and dark brown.  Car was then given a light coat of Dullcote with a couple drops of weathered black.  White pencil again used for chalk marks and small paper pieces added to the tack boards (paper from a Westerfield wrapping).  Obviously more bad orders in the pipeline to go…..
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.