Re: UP A-50-16 Correction Decals for Trix DD Boxcar

Bryian Sones

Hello,

I'm not sure what eras you guys are trying to model but for UP steam and Transition era cars a boxcar sheet is a boxcar sheet. It will do most of the work you need for just about any car.
Identify your font height, color and slogans then look for sheets to match whatever you need.
There are also Microscale full letter sheets in the UP. style font and colors.
You may need to double check sheets for font errors as Dick H. mentioned,
Also, color matches, withs etc.
If you can stick with the same decal company most will match and you should be able to get the job done in most cases.

Reporting marks may have some challenges if you need to correct or redo.
The process is the same, look for marks that are close and cut and splice.
It's a little tedious but doable.
If you don't want to do that then print them yourself or ask a friend. :)

I know it's not as convenient as having the exact sheet to match the class car you are doing but you can get the job done!

I hope this helps.

Bryian Sones
Union Pacific Prototype Modeler
Murrieta, CA

On Tuesday, April 12, 2022, 04:56:35 PM PDT, Dick Harley via groups.io <dick.harley4up@...> wrote:

No one has said what era the decals need to be, but Microscale does have a set that covers this group.  It is #87-494.  Admittedly, it has some serious errors (circle "O" 20-inch lettering) and needs to be redrawn, but it does have the A-50-16 class and plenty of car numbers.  For earlier eras, there is #87-489, but it is listed as out of stock.

I'd be curious to know what Ken found "unusable" about them.  Maybe we can fix them before they are reprinted.

Cheers,
Dick Harley
Laguna Beach,  CA