Re: Gondolas With Lumber Loads

Tim O'Connor

Brian

YES !!! That's it. Thanks, I'd never seen it from above. Look at the sharp radius on that curve !

On 4/15/2022 1:13 AM, Brian Termunde via groups.io wrote:
Tim;
Is this the place?

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Portland,+OR/@45.5293234,-122.6696503,218m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x54950b0b7da97427:0x1c36b9e6f6d18591!8m2!3d45.515232!4d-122.6783853

This place just fascinates me! I've seen it written up a couple of time, I think once or twice in Model Railroad Planning and actually visited it once.

Take Care

Brian R. Termunde
Murray, UT

Tim O'Connor wrote:

This photo reminds me strongly of a published photo (I wish I could remember where!) of
an export grain elevator served by the Union Pacific with exactly this - a curved wood trestle onto the
dock - but without the tail track - and a huge concrete grain elevator adjoining the dock. In the picture
the chutes for pouring grain into ocean freighters were over the tops of the freight cars.

Sterling, Massachusetts