Re: NYC Automobile Car Date

It's funny you mention that, Larry. When I was getting the screenshot for Dennis last night, I wondered the same because the 8/S on the car side seemed to be a different size. I immediately discounted the idea since I had no idea about alpha prefixes. Screenshot of the car side attached.

Matt Goodman
Columbus, Ohio, US

On Fri, Apr 22, 2022 at 08:18 AM, Larry King wrote:
I think the first digit on the car number might actually be "S"-many NYCL cars in the 1920's had this prefix,in denoted a "System car that did not pay per diem on any NYC line,and also that it could be repaired up to 85% of MCB value.