Re: IHB 40’ 1944 boxcar with 5/5 ends

Tim O'Connor

lol - no sorry I missed that meet

I assumed we were only talking about the Branchline 1937 AAR kits and not the postwar cars
since those are not relevant to Charlie's question

On 4/22/2022 1:16 PM, Benjamin Hom wrote:

Tim O'Connor asked:
"I didn't follow that exactly -- what do you mean by "earlier design" for the 730-B?

I meant Lot 730-B is a 10 ft 6 in Modified 1937 AAR Boxcar with 5/5 ends, and not the Postwar AAR boxcar represented by the Branchline Blueprint / Atlas kit.

"The 729-B's were the 10-0 cars
The 730-B's were the 10-6 cars"

Correct.  You must have looked at the handout from my NYCS boxcar talk that I gave last week on Hindsight 20/20 13.0.

Ben Hom

Sterling, Massachusetts