Re: Rapido X31A

Tim O'Connor

Way back when I learned that PRR "DGLE" was just a black & yellow mixture, which she points out in the video
makes "green". And this is also how Pullman Green and other green colors are made, just by varying the proportion
of yellow. I've never bought a color wheel but now I may - a very useful tool !

Tim O'Connor

On 4/27/2022 10:24 AM, Eric Hansmann wrote:

Thanks for sharing your background, Charlie. Your art degree has been a great tool for your modeling!

A few years ago, I purchased a color wheel. After reading all the info on both sides of the wheel, I was amazed. I also wish I had bought a color wheel a few decades ago. Here’s a short review on using a color wheel.

https://youtu.be/DfKx7MjSEK0

My last art class was about 45 years ago and forgotten. I added the color wheel to my tool box and it’s been instrumental to mix paint for freight car models. At some point, I hope to enroll in an intro to art class at a community college so I can understand more about color, tints, and shades. A color wheel scratches the surface of possibilities.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN