Re: Caboose brakes

JGG KahnSr <jacekahn@...>

Dear Tony
It is not often that I can second-guess you on freight car matters, but some of the four-wheel bobbers did, in fact, have only one brakewheel (notably the famous Reading ones), perhaps because it was not so far from one platform to the other as with eight-wheel cabooses.
Jace Kahn
Mostly Fairbanks

I think cabooses always had a brake wheel at each end--for obvious
reasons. Ordinarily the first lever beyond the cylinder is just longer on a
caboose, extending across the center sill, and connecting to the rodding to
the hand brake on the other side. This is shown in several Cycs.

Tony