Re: B&O m-15k & M-15n

Brian Carlson

True. I’m aware of that, but by my 56 era the m-15k were rebuilt again to the M-15n in 55 and 56. Based on the orer there were very few K’s left.

Brian J. Carlson

On May 7, 2022, at 5:34 PM, Nelson Moyer <npmoyer@...> wrote:

The M-15k was the subject of a Chicagoland mini-kit, so there's quite a bit of information including drawings among those files. I know nothing about the M-15n.

Nelson Moyer

-----Original Message-----
From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Carlson via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 7, 2022 4:14 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] B&O m-15k & M-15n

What was the difference between the two B&O wagon top rebuilds? Based on a review of freight car diagrams, it appears the underframe was rebuilt to a straight center sill using Z sections versus the fishbelly center sill of the earlier rebuild.

Were there any other changes? Specifically to the superstructure.

Brian J. Carlson

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY