Re: Wanted: Chooch sugar beet loads - HO scale

Christopher J. Palermo

I used cumin seeds affixed with matte medium and an overspray of Dullcote. I’ve never had insect or rodent problems. They require a wash of color as their natural state is too yellow-brown. They also require using cuticle scissors to clip off the hairlike root that extends from one end. A bit of a pain but it only takes about five minutes per load. I had not completed that step at the time of this photo. And I am aware that this load is too high … it was a first attempt at the technique.

Chris Palermo
Austin, Texas