Re: 8000 gal. ICC 103-D-W tank car question

Tim O'Connor

Johannes

In most respects the model resembles an "upsized" version of a 4,000 gallon prototype that was imported
in brass by Overland Models (OMI #3123) in the late 1980's.

Two dome cars over 6,000 gallons in size are incredibly rare. Here's a photo of GATX 25945 of unknown
construction date. It has 8,028 gallons capacity.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/10/2022 10:51 AM, vapeurchapelon wrote:

Hello friends,

as some of you know I love brass models even though todays plastic and resin models are superior in detail. It's kind of nostalgic gush.
I found a very rare model:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275306405690?hash=item40198a5f3a:g:A3MAAOSwLVNielG0

Aside of its incompleteness of some detail and crudeness of some other detail - is it otherwise a proportionally accurate representation of the prototype?
I easily could add train line, brake hoses, coupler lift bars, piping between valve, reservoir and cylinder, and I would replace the steps. No problem.
But should the running boards and platform be perforated? THAT would be too much and the reason to let the model go.

Many thanks

Johannes

Sterling, Massachusetts