Re: 8000 gal. ICC 103-D-W tank car question

Tim O'Connor

Here's another 4,000 gallon car, built by GATC.

On 5/10/2022 11:40 AM, Todd Sullivan via groups.io wrote:

Hi Johannes,

I looked at the box label which says it is a "ICC 103 D W" tank car.  It looks more like an ICC 103BW, which would likely be a rubber-lined uninsulated car used for shipping acids and other corrosives.  The 8000 gallon capacity and double domes make it an especially appealing model.  It looks pretty accurate, although I don't have any photos of a suitable prototype.  It looks to be a GAT design, but other experts may chime in on that.

Todd Sullivan

Sterling, Massachusetts