Re: Application of K4 decals

Dave Boss

Hello
            I have used K4 decals in the past and have found that just wetting the decal as usual then placing the decal near the place of setting. I then wait and test until the decal releases itself. Then I slide it into a puddle of Micro set on the car so the decal doesn't have the chance to wrinkle up. I position it fairly close to where I want it. Draw off the excess Micro set with a paper towel. Then I quickly tweak the decal to its final resting place. I let it set then coat it with Microsol to really seat the decal. This has worked for me so far. I will be using the K4 decals soon on another car I'm working on so I'll find out because this will be a new sheet, and maybe they mite have changed their decals? Hope this may help you

Good Day
Dave

On Wednesday, May 11, 2022, O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...> wrote:
Chuck I experienced the same thing this week with the K$ decals and had to pick a corner and pull them off.  Once I did that they were fine.  But they did not float off as normal.Not sure what the issue is
Fenton

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 12:06 PM Chuck Cover <chuck.cover@...> wrote:
Group,

I have some K4 decals and am having trouble in that the decals are very difficult to remove from the backing.  The instructions say to float in warm water for 20 seconds and remove before the decals release, however, I have found that even leaving them in the distilled water for over a minute does not loosen them. I have tried to used Microset to help this process without success.  The decals will not slide off the backing.  I have had to pry up a corner, and peal the decal off the paper, then try to place the decal on the model without having the film wrinkle. Has anyone used K4 decals and are there any tips?  Thanks

Chuck Cover
Santa Fe, NM