Re: Related question: Vallejo equivalent to Polly Scale Light Freight Car Red

Lester Breuer

Peter I have been using Vallejo paints since came on market.   In the Model Air or Model Color I find no equivalent.  Polly
Scale Lt. Freight Car Red F414352.

Best suggestion I have is to start with a mix of Model Air Rust 71.080.  50%.  and Mahogany Brown 70.846. 50% which will provide the best  starting point I know.  You will have to change shade from there if desired.

And Bruce for Floquil “Grime”. Vallejo Model Color Black Grey. 70.i62.   I have no current suggestion for Weathered Black with the purplish black look.

Lester Breuer