Re: Rapido USRA double sheath and single sheath boxcar question

Jim Mischke

Eric,

I find that the RPCycs cut off at 1960.   By publisher and author expressed intent.    Like a certain freight car group.

There is no information about freight car lives beyond 1960 in images or narrative.  Not even a hint.

If a researcher seeks 1960's information on old freight cars, one must build on an RPCyc article with additoinal research.

Certainly Rapido used all available resources in their product research.   I would surmise that we might see more USRA-derived boxcars from Rapido.   As prolific as they are, they do not mind some tooling commonalities.    I have no inside information on this.

Jim