Re: Repack interval

Tim O'Connor

And in general the work was done wherever the car happened to be at the time :-)

Case in point - this New Haven box car lubed by the Great Northern.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/14/2022 8:14 AM, Eric Hansmann wrote:
From what I recall in discussions here, this was an annual interval unless it was needed beforehand. The repack stencil for date and location would be reapplied after the work was completed.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On May 13, 2022, at 5:50 PM, greg kennelly <greg_kennelly@...> wrote:

Was there a regulated interval for repacking plain journals in the early 1950s?  If not, what was a typical interval, please?  I am hoping to be able to use repack dates to get realistic estimates of the dates of some tank car photos.
Thanks,
Greg Kennelly

Sterling, Massachusetts