Re: Repack interval

Nelson Moyer

Tony’s Modeling the SP blog has entries on reweigh requirements for different car classes and eras.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2022 9:55 AM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Repack interval

Jack, reweighing is not the same thing as lubrication of the bearings. Mandatory reweigh intervals were measured in years
but the bearings required much more frequent maintenance. I don't know if this was an AAR thing, or whether the ICC or
other government agency required it. Guy Wilber would know! :-)

Tim O'Connor

On 5/14/2022 10:47 AM, Jack Burgess wrote:

Correct...

I have the attached list of dates, etc. taped just about my workbench. Note that I model 1939 so some of them might not be correct for much later modeling dates.

Jack Burgess