Re: St Louis Refrigerator Car Co

Douglas Harding

20220514_201009.jpg20220514_201018.jpg

Charlie, I finally did some digging and found one of the SLRX cars I did almost 20 years ago, using a MDC reefer kit. Certainly not a detailed model, but at the time it was about the only option for a 36' car. As I was doing a string of Decker and Armour reefers at the time using Clover House dry transfers, I'm pretty sure the SLRX cars also have Clover House lettering.

Doug Harding
Youtube: Douglas Harding Iowa Central Railroad

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 8:45 AM Douglas Harding via groups.io <iowacentralrr=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Charlie years ago I used the 36' MDC reefer and I think Clover House dry transfers https://cloverhouse.com/Cart/product_info.php?products_id=10176
Not a hi detailed model, but an op session good enough.

Doug Harding
Youtube: Douglas Harding Iowa Central Railroad

On Sat, May 14, 2022 at 6:23 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Thanks for all the replies and images.  Lester Brewer upgraded a pre painted Accurail reefer that was done for a NMRA convention as one of his blogs.  Am thinking that’s a logical choice for a decal set.  SLRX also had bunkerless 36’ (or 34’?) reefers.  Is there a close model that could be converted to one of these cars as well?

--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.