Re: Rapido USRA double sheath and single sheath boxcar question

wrlyders

This thread seems to have morphed into a “which single and double sheathed box cars cars made it thru the Transition era into the 60s”.

I have done some searches on sheathed box cars and know they were built in the 1910s thru WWII and lasted into the 50s.

I have a Northeastern Models single sheathed box car to build.

But I have a more basic question: What is a single sheathed box car vs. a double sheathed box car”? What is the sheathing?

Thanks, Bill