From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of "wrlyders via groups.io" <blyders@...>
Date: Monday, May 16, 2022 at 11:53 AM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Rapido USRA double sheath and single sheath boxcar question

This thread seems to have morphed into a “which single and double sheathed box cars cars made it thru the Transition era into the 60s”.

I have done some searches on sheathed box cars and know they were built in the 1910s thru WWII and lasted into the 50s.

I have a Northeastern Models single sheathed box car to build.

But I have a more basic question: What is a single sheathed box car vs. a double sheathed box car”? What is the sheathing?

Thanks, Bill