Re: Rapido USRA double sheath and single sheath boxcar question

Dave Parker

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 01:52 PM, np328 wrote:
one must recall that at the time, the billboard ban on freight cars was well into the future.
This is not my area of expertise, but I thought the billboard ban of 1937 targeted privately-owned cars (or RR subsidiaries like PFE) generally, and refrigerator cars rather specifically.  How would it have impacted the ability of the NP (or any railroad) to paint as large and elaborate a herald on the side of a box-car as it desired?  Am I missing something?

--
Dave Parker
Swall Meadows, CA