Re: Caboose brakes

thompson@...

Jace Kahn said:
It is not often that I can second-guess you on freight car matters, but some
of the four-wheel bobbers did, in fact, have only one brakewheel (notably
the famous Reading ones), perhaps because it was not so far from one
platform to the other as with eight-wheel cabooses.
Okay, Jace, I should have said that STATISTICALLY cabooses always had two
brake wheels. I'm sure that there are 19th century cars without them.