Re: Brass Steam Locomotives that Pull Freight Cars.

nyc3001 .

Edited

Jerry and Bruce,

I want to model the NYC's Water Level Route; on the prototype, long trains were the norm. Even though the maximum train length on the Central was 125 cars during the 1940s, it was not uncommon to see a single L-2 Mohawk pulling 90-100 cars on the mainline; the evidence for this is the freight consists on canadasouthern.com. It's no problem to run diesel-powered trains of this length given that the Central seemed to usually assign A-B-A or A-B-B-A units to a 90+ car train.

The layout that I've planned is basically a giant loop around the basement as I would like to model long sections of straight trackage as commonly seen in rural parts of the Water Level Route west of Albany. So it will likely be possible to run 70+ car trains.

-Phil