Re: H34s Aren't

Tim O'Connor

Bowser doesn't make an H34 model (PS-2 2003). They do make an H43 model, which is an open hopper.
And I think they make an H30, which is a 2 bay covered hopper. And I think the Bowser ACF 1958 cubic foot
covered hoppers can be kitbashed to make the PRR H33.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/21/2022 4:12 PM, John Sykes III via groups.io wrote:
I saw an ad that just came out for Bowser  "H34" covered hopper cars.  First, I noticed that PRR was not one of the road names offered, which makes sense since the PRR H34s and more numerous H34as all had round hatches (to the best of my knowledge) and the Bowser kit is shown with square hatches.  These models are closer to a generic PS2 hopper, however, some of the build dates shown are inconsistent and at least one model had a clear ACF builder's stencil on it.  Check your prototype before buying.  I'm wondering if these are actually ACF prototypes mislabeled in the ad as H34s?  The Kadee covered hoppers are dead-on for the PRR H34/H34a cars.

Sterling, Massachusetts