Re: Brass Steam Locomotives that Pull Freight Cars.

Bruce Griffin

Friends,

Thank you all for the replies. I did join the repowerandregear.io group and have found some new informaiton on things like replacement motors and resistance soldering. I have remotored an older PFM/United B&O 2-8-0 and added DDC/sound. It runs and sounds great and it wasn't any harder than building a resin freight car model, just needed some different tools. https://bomodeling.com/2021/04/29/rebuilding-a-brass-bo-e-27-consolidation-and-adding-dcc-and-sound/ I am working on a couple of Mikados right now, not sure how many frieght cars they will pull with their original motors, but I will post a blog about it when I am finished. Again, thank you for the assistance and indulging this slightly off-topic topic.

Bruce D. Griffin
Ashland, MD
https://bomodeling.com/blog/