Re: WRX 9000

Richard Townsend

Bill Parks, that’s very helpful. I had a hard time imagining loading dried blood through roof hatches since it normally would be bagged. Not to mention unloading a car full of loose powder.

On May 27, 2022, at 8:06 AM, Richard Townsend <richtownsend@...> wrote:

So the one I was referring to was a rebuilt, ex-DT&I USRA double sheathed boxcar. That’s helpful.

On May 27, 2022, at 7:56 AM, Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@...> wrote:

Andy

Thanks I was somewhat suspicious of the description of the cars as reefer rebuilds, since they look
so much like the DT&I cars! :-)

On 5/27/2022 8:45 AM, Andy Laurent via groups.io wrote:
Tim,

Give this page a look (check the line "ORER Notes" under each listing for special equipment and features):
http://www.greenbayroute.com/orerdetail.htm#WRX9000RS

WRX put cars in dried blood service in later years (rebuilt ex-DT&I 11500-11799 steel plug-door RB's), but I am not aware of any 1929-built WRX wood-sided cars that had hatches.

Andy L.
Madison WI

Sterling, Massachusetts dti_19131 40ft_PD_box USRA rebuild 1958.jpglovx_949 40ft_PD_box RB exDTI_ rebuild USRA DS XM AmericanColloidCompany overhead-view.jpg