Re: Tru-Color formula for Pennsylvania FCC circa 1940 - any advice?

Eric Hansmann

Charlie,

I don’t use Tru-Color but I can show what Pennsy Freight Car Color I use for my 1926 focus. I lean towards an orange shade like the GLa hoppers in this image.

I spray Vallejo Amaranth red from their Panzer Aces line.

I’ve rarely seen a new, or clean, Pennsy freight car in early photos. My Pennsy models all receive a liberal application in the weathering factory.

Eric Hansmann
Murfreesboro, TN

On May 29, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

I saw that color in their line  but I’m looking for a mix for the earlier color used before 1945.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.