Re: Tru-Color formula for Pennsylvania FCC circa 1940 - any advice?

Nelson Moyer

I make paint chips for every paint color I buy, and the closest colors to Eric’s hoppers in the Tru Color line are TCP-076 Rust and TCP-168 Iron Oxide. There is very little difference between these two colors, but after rust IS iron oxide. The rust is slightly lighter than the iron oxide, but either could be used without mixing or as the base for a mix to shift the shade.

Nelson Moyer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Eric Hansmann
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2022 5:30 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Tru-Color formula for Pennsylvania FCC circa 1940 - any advice?

Charlie,

I don’t use Tru-Color but I can show what Pennsy Freight Car Color I use for my 1926 focus. I lean towards an orange shade like the GLa hoppers in this image.

I spray Vallejo Amaranth red from their Panzer Aces line.

I’ve rarely seen a new, or clean, Pennsy freight car in early photos. My Pennsy models all receive a liberal application in the weathering factory.

Eric Hansmann

Murfreesboro, TN

On May 29, 2022, at 2:54 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

I saw that color in their line  but I’m looking for a mix for the earlier color used before 1945.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.