Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Lloyd Keyser

The Scale Coat C&NW yellow and Green is a good match or Floquil Yellow and Green. The colors are very close to the color chips though not exact.The car shown has wood ends and ends and roof are BCR.This car was overhauled and repainted at the shops in Baraboo WI. Be sure and convert to an AB brake system. I have six of the Branchline cars. Three in the pre 52 Grey and three in the Yellow and Green.My grey cars were acceptable but my early run Y&G sides were poorly painted and the lettering was very poor. I repainted and applied Westerfield decals for the Y&G cars. Best LK

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 5:05 PM Brian Carlson via groups.io <prrk41361=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Remember to upgrade to AB brakes too if doing the green and yellow cars.

Brian J. Carlson

On May 31, 2022, at 5:37 PM, Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Friend recently gave me two Branchline reefers one for the Northwestern with the gray sides.  The car unfortunately lettering is as built in 1927 and I’m modeling the early 1950’s.  I found an Odd Ball set for the Northwestern green and yellow scheme and have the sides stripped down to the bare plastic.  This reefer is totally out of my expertise and need some SME help.

the decal sheet has the following car numbers 6201, 6311 and 6700 for NWX. Are these good for the wood reefers?

What’s recommended for the green and yellow colors and finally what color was the roof, ends and underframe?

lots of questions but I couldn’t find anything with a google search or a search on .io.

thanks.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.