Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

O Fenton Wells

Thanks Brian, appreciate that.
Fenton

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 8:32 AM BRIAN PAUL EHNI <bpehni@...> wrote:

Looking thru my NWX pictures, some DID have brake steps, like this example. All of the cars with steel ends also had them (again, my photos).

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of O Fenton Wells <srrfan1401@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2022 at 6:40 AM
To: <main@realstmfc.groups.io>
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Charlie, one thing I noticed on these cars from looking at photos.  There was no brake step on the B end of the car, at least in the photos I've seen.  I believe the Brake wheel is a bit higher than on those cars that have a brake step so the brakeman can get leverage while turning the wheel.  This is my assumption for what it's worth.

Fenton

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 7:03 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:

Lloyd
thanks for the clarifications; what color was the ladders and door hardware?  I ‘assume’ green and the underframe? Black?   Also the Odd Ball decal set has numbers in the 6000 range is this accurate for the wood cars?
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--