Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Tim O'Connor

I don't know about those numbers but NWX had many different wood ice reefers while the Branchline
and Westerfield models represent ACF Type 2 and Type 3
reefers built in the 1920's. Of course the
Westerfield instructions are an excellent source for prototype information. :-)

I think there are exact color matches for CNW yellow and green. Call Des Plaines Hobbies because I
know they used to have custom CNW mixes too.

Tim O'Connor

On 5/31/2022 5:37 PM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:

Friend recently gave me two Branchline reefers one for the Northwestern with the gray sides.  The car unfortunately lettering is as built in 1927 and I’m modeling the early 1950’s.  I found an Odd Ball set for the Northwestern green and yellow scheme and have the sides stripped down to the bare plastic.  This reefer is totally out of my expertise and need some SME help.

the decal sheet has the following car numbers 6201, 6311 and 6700 for NWX. Are these good for the wood reefers?

What’s recommended for the green and yellow colors and finally what color was the roof, ends and underframe?

lots of questions but I couldn’t find anything with a google search or a search on .io.

thanks.
--
Charlie Duckworth

Sterling, Massachusetts