Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Tim O'Connor

I forgot to add that I like those two photos I sent because they clearly show that running boards
and hatches were painted an oxide red color instead of whatever the color of the roof was. This
was the same color found on the gray cars.

I have 52 images of NWX reefers and not a single overhead shot ! :-D

Also note this photo of a freshly painted GRAY reefer with a shop date of 7-1954. So the two paint
schemes overlapped each other.

Tim O'Connor

On 6/1/2022 7:03 AM, Charlie Duckworth wrote:
Lloyd
thanks for the clarifications; what color was the ladders and door hardware?  I ‘assume’ green and the underframe? Black?   Also the Odd Ball decal set has numbers in the 6000 range is this accurate for the wood cars?
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

Sterling, Massachusetts