Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Charlie Duckworth

Lloyd
Thanks again.

Charlie

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 3:10 PM Lloyd Keyser <lloydkeyser@...> wrote:
Charlie, the 6000 series of 6000-6700 were  built in 1926. 700 cars were on the roster on 5/31. By 10/42 139 were listed and 7/45 Only 16 listed. These cars were rebuilt over time into other number series. Various rebuildings changed the end color from red to green on the Y&G cars starting in 1952.  The cars rebuilt at PC&F Renton WA,had steel ends and galvanised roofs. Original hardware was black and underframe black. If you can get a hold of one of the C&NW modelers in the area and get a copy of NORTH WESTERN LINES Winter 1987 for a comprehensive article  including many pictures. Best LK

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 10:20 AM Charlie Duckworth <omahaduck@...> wrote:
Thanks for everyone’s input I just need to make a run up to House of Trains and buy some paint.  I probably won’t get to this project for a few weeks I’ve got to finish the X23 (working on the underframe today) and the three RI stock cars need to have their underframes finished.
--
Charlie Duckworth
Omaha, Ne.

--