Re: Help with Northwestern green/yellow reefer

Tim O'Connor

This is the only color shot I have that shows the end of a Y/G wood sheathed car and it looks green to me.

I have good shots of steel end Y/G cars and their ends are always green.

Tim O'Connor

On 6/1/2022 5:23 PM, Lloyd Keyser wrote:

The Y/G cars had green ends. LK

On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 3:59 PM Dennis Storzek <dennis@...> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 1, 2022 at 12:49 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:
I forgot to add that I like those two photos I sent because they clearly show that running boards
and hatches were painted an oxide red color instead of whatever the color of the roof was. This
was the same color found on the gray cars.
Actually Tim, your shot of NWX 2810 in a previous message is taken from a high enough vantage point that it shows the wood roof sheathing IS painted oxide like the running board and hatches. The brake wheel is also oxide. Anybody have a pic that clearly shows an oxide end on one of these green and yellow cars?

Dennis Storzek

Sterling, Massachusetts