Speedwitch p105_uframe2 Wanted and Evens Loader Chain Tubes

Ken Adams

Does anyone have a Speedwitch p105_uframe2 they would be willing to sell or otherwise part with....

I am in the process of repainting and re-lettering a Trix UP A50-19 to a correct A-50-16. I have found that I need to rebuild the floor and underframe. The Trix underframe, while very nice,  was molded as the reverse image. If the photos of the Speedwitch p105_uframe2 are correct, then the lateral supports are also incorrect. The detail AB parts were very nicely molded but fit the piping fits the reverse image of the brake system.

I have just discovered the drawings for the 1930's Evens Loader including the chain tubes on the Resin Freight Car Builders photos section. The tubes were 18 to 28 inches in length and angled if they needed to avoid brake gear and rigging.  I know from UP records the A-50-16 had 12 of these tubes protruding from the floor in the 1940's and early 50's.  The tubes were 5 inches OD.  Evergreen #222 1/16 or 1.6 mm rod could approximate the tubes which do not need to be hollow on a model.

Does anyone have a good picture or diagram of the tube placement for the A-50-16?
--
Ken Adams
Omicron BA2.2 may come and go but I still live mostly in splendid Shelter In Place solitude