COPX Tank Box Car connection with C&EI

David Forbes

I am looking for more information on a set of insulated box cars with interior tanks with reporting marks COPX in series100-117, although there could be more.

In our C&EI HS archives we have a stenciling diagram for this series, indicating that these cars were painted and lettered in the C&EI shops.  Consolidated Products, later Kraft, had a facility in Danville and is likely that the C&EI worked with the company to secure the freight car traffic.

There is a photo on Pinterest that shows the left end of the car.  Here is the link: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/544091198707228066/

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David Forbes