Re: Accurail MKT 36’ boxcar

Tim O'Connor

This photo shows a box car a friend made with gouges where he replaced the grab irons. I filled in the
gouges with clear acrylic (in a few layers for depth) and sanded with my *finger sander* as shown in this
photo. I then lightly overcoated with color, and then clear flat, which made the scratches invisible.

Tim

sanding tool -- * https://i0.wp.com/nationalscalecar.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/IMG_4035.jpg *

On 6/7/2022 3:12 PM, Charlie Duckworth via groups.io wrote:
Bill
I just carve off the cast on rungs, sand the area and rescribe with a microsaw.  I’m not always lucky as you can see a couple gouges by the hand grabs on the left side.

Charlie

Sterling, Massachusetts