Re: Accurail MKT 36’ boxcar

Tim O'Connor

some photos

On 6/7/2022 7:01 PM, Tom Palmer wrote:

Hi Charlie,

                Several made it through WW2. After the war they started going really fast being replaced with steel cars.

                Latest ones were built in 1923. First group was built in 1913. Many were converted to cabooses in the 800 numbers. One of those is still in existence in La Grange TX. It still has the original trucks. After war survivors were used as MoW cars until the early 1960’s.

                If you want the complete group by group history just let me know. I can dig it out.

Best regards,

                     Tom Palmer

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Charlie Duckworth via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 6, 2022 8:39 PM
To: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] Accurail MKT 36’ boxcar

Tony thanks, the yellow certainly allows for a canvas to add weathering.

 Can someone tell me how long these cars lasted; the reweigh date is 1938 and I’d like to move it up to the late 1940’s or early 50’s.

Charlie

On Mon, Jun 6, 2022 at 8:32 PM Tony Thompson <tony_at_signaturepress.com_Worth51@...> wrote:

Very good-looking car, Charlie, with your usual excellent touch with the locations and degree of dirt. I too have always liked the Katy yellow.

Tony Thompson

Sterling, Massachusetts