Re: Stain for wooden barrels

Kevin Macomber

Ray, barrels were not stained, but I would put steel bands on them using thin strips of aluminum foil.

On 2022-06-08 09:31, Ray Hutchison wrote:
Time to finish up barrel car project, which means that I have several
dozen wooden barrels to stain. Any suggestions would be appreciated;
coming out new from barrel factory would likely be a light oak color?
Photographs?
My only reference point is Jack Daniels barrels; every year or so my
father would drive to Lynchburg and come back with an empty barrel;
pour in several gallons of generic whiskey, roll the barrel every
month or so, and in a year you have a couple of gallons of Jack
Daniels. But those barrels were not new...
Ray Hutchison
Links:
------
[1] https://RealSTMFC.groups.io/g/main/message/193184