From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Carlson via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 4:06 PM
To: main@realstmfc.groups.io
Subject: Re: [RealSTMFC] MOW cars, was Accurail MKT 36’ boxcar

Agree with Resin. The NKPHTS had rider cars cast in resin. We sold at least 75. Maybe 100?

Several years have passed I can’t recall if I did 75 or 100 overall.

Brian J. Carlson

On Jun 8, 2022, at 1:58 PM, Bruce Smith <smithbf@...> wrote:

Folks,

Or perhaps 3D print or work with resin. A number of resinators have offered (and continue to offer) very nice, often RR specific, MOW cars, such as the Westerfield PRR XL and X23 MOW models. Although, even there, sometimes cars are so specific or unusual that kitbashing or scratchbuilding is the order of the day.

Regards,

Bruce Smith

Auburn, AL

From: <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> on behalf of Dennis Storzek <dennis@...>
Date: Wednesday, June 8, 2022 at 11:26 AM
To: "main@RealSTMFC.groups.io" <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [RealSTMFC] Accurail MKT 36’ boxcar

On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 04:48 PM, Jason P wrote:

Mr Storzek,

With so many of those cars going into MoW use, would Accurail consider some bunk car bodies with windows and end doors to drop over the under frames? We really do not have any camp cars on the market other than the old Walthers/Train Miniatures models.

Jason, I hate to disappoint you, but Ray has the best suggestion. Accurail proved years ago that there is absolutely NO market for MoW cars with series of ill advised MoW pant and lettering offerings on our 40' steel boxcars. As I recall, some of those hung around ten or fifteen YEARS.

Dennis Storzek

--
Brian J. Carlson, P.E.
Cheektowaga NY