Re: ADMIN: STMFC Groups.io Fees

Dave Nelson

Jeff, Paypal has a donation method that provides a url for setting up donations.  These are operated by Paypal as an annual donation – they’ll donate once every 12 months.  People who sign up to make a donation can cancel their subscription at any time.  This allows people who want to let the donaction run for an extended time to do so… and those who wish to make a one time donation to do that.

With the number of members here and the price  you need to cover I’ll guess a $5 would cover a substantial portion your expenses, perhaps all.

Dave Nelson

From: main@RealSTMFC.groups.io <main@RealSTMFC.groups.io> On Behalf Of Aley, Jeff A
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2022 6:55 PM
To: RealSTMFC@groups.io
Subject: [RealSTMFC] ADMIN: STMFC Groups.io Fees

Hi Folks,

On June 3, 2022, I paid the $220.00 annual renewal to Groups.io for RealSTMFC.  Our group is a “Premium” group (as defined by Groups.io), which means that we have plenty of storage, so our emails and attachments don’t get lost / deleted.

I paid last year’s fees ($220.00) out of pocket, and if I remember correctly, the fees for 2020 were paid by a member who wishes to remain anonymous.

There are ways for me to solicit money from the membership using a Groups.io feature, but that requires me to give Groups.io a bunch of my bank account information – no thanks.  I do, however, have a PayPal account.  So, if anyone wishes to donate a few bucks, he can send it to me on PayPal using my email address, which is jaley at comcast dot net.

Thanks, and back to Freight Cars!

-Jeff Aley

Deputy Moderator, RealSTMFC

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.