Re: Baggage Car As An Airplane Parts Carrier

Bruce Hendrick

Thanks, James, for this additional information. Perhaps the reason for the failure of Vin Wiz was the startup company’s large numbers of executives, as listed for the junket. Not a lean business machine. Were they all sleeping in the baggage car??

If I had to guess I’d say Purple lettering on the white car. Unusual, sure, but it was a marketing campaign for grape soda.

I am curious as I’ve never seen the term “chauffeur” used in connection with railroading. What this a thing, or a misuse by the reporter? I assume this was akin to a Pullman porter.

Thanks again for more information on an usual car.

Bruce Hendrick
Brea, California